Our volunteers come in all sizes, shapes and colors, but their hearts are pink and their caring has no limit. Are you a leader, a thinker or a doer? Use your talents in our promise to save lives and end breast cancer forever! We need you now more than ever. Volunteers provide countless hours contributing their skills to further the Susan G. Komen – Chicago® promise. We will work with your availability. Every minute you spend helping gives another minute of hope to those affected by breast cancer.
Chicago Race for the Cure Volunteer Registration Now Open. Get more information here!
Program areas include:
- Komen Ambassadors (Outreach)
- Event Planning Committees
- Special Events:
- Lombard Race for the Cure – September 2015
- Chicago Marathon – October 2015
- Chicago Mother’s Day Race for the Cure – May 2016
Learn about all our regular volunteer opportunities here.
Getting started is simple!
To be considered for one of our regular volunteer positions, please complete our online Volunteer Application.
- The online aplication takes about 15 minutes to complete.
- Once you finish, you will have created your personalized online Komen volunteer profile. This profile page will allow you to sign-up for volunteer opportunities, get updates, log hours and much more!
- From there you can sign-up for a Komen 101 – Volunteer Orientation. Upcoming Komen 101 Sessions will be listed below. All volunteer orientations are held at Komen Chicago’s office at 8765 W. Higgins Rd, Chicago (There may be opportunities for additional sessions in different locations. Please check your volunteer page regularly for updates.)
- Komen 101 Volunteer Orientation – Saturday, June 13th from 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. at the Komen Chicago Office.
*Please note that this online Volunteer Application is only for regular volunteer positions. If you are interested in volunteering for the Race for the Cure only, please register here.
For more information on steps to getting started, click here.
If you have questions or are interested in volunteering please contact:
Katherine Sobolewski, Development Coordinator –
(773) 444-0061 x. 102