Health Fairs | Speaker Requests
Our dynamic Speakers Bureau and Health Fair volunteers are specifically trained to represent Susan G. Komen Chicago at health fairs and educational programs sponsored by community groups, corporations, and other local organizations. Volunteers provide basic breast health information, discuss the importance of early detection as the key to survival and share breast cancer resources available in the community.
We get many requests for speakers, health fairs, and educational materials; unfortunately, we cannot fill all of these requests. We ask that you place your request as far in advance as possible as this increases the chance of volunteer availability for your event.
Heath Fair/Speaker Requests:
- Requests must be received at least 4 weeks prior to event date.
- A speaker or representative is not guaranteed for your event.
- Due to limited resources, we request a minimum audience of 15 for speaking requests.
- All presentations are free of charge, however, donations are appreciated.
- All requests must be within our service area: Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake and McHenry county.
- Please note that Breast Cancer Awareness Month (October) and Race for the Cure months (May & September) are very popular times to host events. Our limited staff and volunteer core will be heavily committed during these times and may not be able to provide the same level of assistance as other times of the year.
To request a representative to attend your upcoming event please complete the corresponding request form:
If you have questions please contact:
email@example.com or (773) 444-0061 ext. 1003.