- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
- About Us
COVID-19 Action Fund
Your help is needed now, more than ever.
Susan G. Komen Chicago established the COVID-19 Action Fund to support urgent needs among our breast cancer community today.
Who’s At Risk?
Those most vulnerable within the breast cancer community include those living with metastatic breast cancer, breast cancer patients and survivors. Certain breast cancer therapies can cause immune systems to be compromised both during and long after treatment ends.
You can help ensure support continues for those in need, including:
Take Precaution, What You Need to Know
Tips and Resources to Protect Yourself and Your Family
Breast cancer patients are among the most vulnerable to COVID-19.
To minimize exposure to COVID-19, Susan G. Komen suggests healthy women of average breast cancer risk who do not have signs of breast cancer delay their annual mammogram. At the same time, it’s just as important to know your normal and understand the warning signs of breast cancer to contact a doctor if you see changes.
Undue stress may be experienced by anyone during this pandemic, especially by those more vulnerable to COVID-19.
Latest News and Updates
COVID-19 Response is Evolving, Remain Informed
Komen will provide the latest news, updates, and recommendations via the Komen Blog.
IDPH: COVID-19 Information (English and Spanish)
State of Illinois: Illinois Coronavirus Response
City of Chicago: COVID-19 Response Center
We are here for YOU!
Please reference the list below to reach the appropriate staff person. If you need information, please visit our website anytime at www.komenchicago.org. For more information on COVID-19 specifically, please click here.
- For general inquiries about Komen Chicago, email email@example.com.
- For information on resources for patient navigation, mammography, diagnostics, patient assistance, or questions about our Virtual Lobby Day email Genesis at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information on the Metastatic Breast Cancer Conference, email email@example.com
- For information on Race for the Cure or the Annual Gala, email Kristen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For information on sponsorships, donations, or fund development, email Julie at email@example.com.
Support for breast cancer patients and survivors is imperative.
You can rest assured that the staff of Komen Chicago remains available to help. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need support or guidance in your breast cancer journey during these uncertain times. We want to make sure you are taken care of.