Community Grants Application Process
Priority 1: To increase access by reducing barriers to care for screening, diagnostics and treatment for uninsured and under-insured populations in Cook and McHenry Counties.
Priority 2: Increase access to culturally relevant patient navigation for uninsured and underinsured populations in Cook and McHenry Counties.
Any United States nonprofit, federally tax-exempt organization may apply for a grant, assuming that the applicant meets all other requirements as stated in the Request for Applications (RFA). Eligible organizations include nonprofit organizations, nonprofit hospitals and hospital systems, governmental entities, Native American tribes, and nonprofit educational institutions.
Organizations that plan to use a fiscal sponsor must contact the Komen Chicago Affiliate prior to submitting a grant application. Organization must provide services within one of the 5 counties in the Affiliate’s service area: Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake and McHenry. Preference given to those projects focused on our key priority counties as specified in the 2015 Community Profile: Cook and McHenry.
2019 Grant Application Workshop Dates
Tuesday, November 5th
10:00am to 11:30am
Dial In: 1(929) 436-2866
Meeting ID: 238 656 442
To RSVP simply email Mission@komenchicago.org, with the name/email of the participant(s)
Thursday, November 7th
1:00pm to 3:30pm
AMITA Saints Mary & Elizabeth Medical Center
Nazareth Room 3rd Floor
2233 W. Division St
Chicago IL 60622
To RSVP go to http://evite.me/Z1YkQmzxEc
Below is the PowerPoint presentation as well as the handouts from the 2019 Grant Application Information Session
All grant submissions must be done through the Komen Grants Portal: https://komen.smartsimple.com
Additional Items: Attachment
Helpful Items: Komen Grants Portal Applicant User Guide
- Once you submit your grant application through the Komen Grants Portal, an acknowledgement email will be sent.
- We will contact you if we have questions during the compliance review.
- You will receive an email notification as to whether your application will proceed to the review panel for review and scoring.
- You will receive an email notification regarding the funding decision in March.
- If a grant is awarded, all contracting processes will take place through Komen Grants Portal. Your organization will be required to attend a grantee orientation in spring 2020.
- The grant cycle runs April 1, 2020 – March 31, 2021.
The Komen Chicago Affiliate accepts Community Grant Applications once per year.
Please note: Komen Chicago is not a direct service provider. We do not provide funds directly to individuals for screening or treatment, nor do we determine individual eligibility, make referrals, or influence the screening or treatment decisions of the organizations we fund.
If you have questions regarding our community grants program, please contact us by clicking here.