How to Apply for Community Grants
2018 – 2019 Request for Application
Applications will be accepted for breast health or breast cancer navigation, screening, treatment, or support projects for the medically underserved in the Chicagoland Area for the fiscal year April 1, 2018, to March 31, 2019. Projects that specifically address the objectives outlined in the “Funding Priorities” in the application will be given priority.
Three RFA workshops will be held by the Affiliate, registration is required to attend. Light refreshments will be served.
- McHenry County: October 12th, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM, MCDH Health Clinic Community Room, 100 N. Virginia St., Crystal Lake, IL 60014 —-EVENT CANCELLED
- Virtual Webinar: October 20th, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Link will be provided closer to date
- Cook County: October 31st, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Gilda’s Club Chicago, 537 North Wells Street, Chicago, IL 60654
We will accept applications from non-attendees, however, limited technical assistance will be provided. 2017 RFA Workshop Presentation.
Applications must be submitted via the GeMS system by November 27th, 2017 at 5:00 PM CST.
To view the 2018-2019 Request for Application (RFA) and the Review Rating Sheet which lists the criteria the independent review panel will use to evaluate the applications please click below:
- Funding Priorities
- Grant Writing Workshop PPT
- Community Grants Application Information
- Reviewer Rating Sheet
- GeMS Applicant Guide
- 2018-2019 Chicagoland Area RFA*
- GeMS Application Sample*
*2018-2019 RFA and Application Sample will be updated on October 12, 2017.
For more information regarding the grant process or application, please contact:
All requests for scientific research funding should be directed to the national Susan G. Komen Grants Program. More information on research funding is available at www.komen.org/grants.