- About Breast Cancer
- Community Impact
- Get Involved
- About Us
MBCC Travel Scholarship
Shannon Evoy Collins Memorial Travel Scholarship
Susan G Komen Chicago is pleased to provide a limited number of $500 travel grants for the 2020 Metastatic Breast Cancer Conference. Travel grants provide financial assistance to those who would be otherwise be unable to attend the conference. Travel grant applications are due on February 20, 2020. Award winners will be announced on March 2.
- • A travel grant stipend aims to help offset some of your costs of attending the conference; however it will most likely not cover all expenses.
- • Travel grants will be awarded in two installments. $250 will be awarded after proof of booking transportation and the second installment of $250 will be provided at the end of the conference on April 4th 2020. Travel grants provide reimbursement only. If you are approved for a travel grant you must register and attend the conference. Reimbursement checks will be distributed in person at the close of the last session of the conference. You will need to show a valid photo ID and sign in at the registration table at the beginning and end of the conference to receive your travel grant stipend check. You will not need to submit receipts. No checks will be distributed prior to the closing session on Saturday, April 5, 2020
- • Travel grant stipends can be used for conference related expenses, including hotel lodging, parking, air fare, meals, etc.
Who is Eligible for a Travel Grant?
To be eligible for a travel grant, you must be living with metastatic breast cancer or a caregiver to someone living with metastatic breast cancer. You must live more than 50 miles from the conference location (Chicago, IL).
- • Use the funds to attend the full conference. You will be required to sign in and out and show photo ID at the registration table.
- • Share information you learn at the conference with your local community.
- • Complete conference evaluation forms and provide a brief testimonial statement that informs Susan G. Komen Chicago of the impact the conference had on you. By applying for and accepting the travel grant, you agree that testimonials may be used on Susan G. Komen Chicago’s website or in future marketing materials.